Informace o stipendiích DAAD pro studenty, absolventy, doktorandy, Ph.D. i vysokoškolské učitele a o nabídkách jiných vybraných organizací.
Bilateral Exchange of Academics • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- At least 14 days (for stays from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine: at least 7 days) up to a maximum of three months. The length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of:
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project
What requirements must be met?
- You must work at a university or research institution in your home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with the cooperation partner in Germany. A workplace must be provided.
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to your proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
November 15th for stays that start between June and November of the following year;
May 2nd for scholarships that start between December of the same year and May of the following year
Dum zahranicni spoluprace
Na Porici 1035/4
CZ-110 00 Praha
Contact: Ms. Tereza Habanova
Tel.: 00420 221 850 504
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. (CET or CEST) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. You are responsible for ensuring that your applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Your personal data is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Information and advisory centres
c/o Goethe Institut
Masarykovo nábrezi 32
110 00 Prag 1
Tel.: +420 (224)/931-182
Fax.: +420 (224)/931-183
More detailed information
- DAAD website section “PhD studies and research"
- Website ”Research in Germany”
- Website ”GERiT – German Research Institutions"
- DAAD website ”Important information for DAAD scholarship applicants”
Pro elektronické podání žádosti prostřednictvím Portálu DAAD prosím využívejte PC nebo laptop. Na mobilních zařízeních lze s Portálem DAAD pracovat jen v omezené míře. Technické předpoklady
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.